No, I'm not referring to basketball in the title of this post. Although I do very much miss going to see my beloved Mississippi State Bulldogs play in the Hump! (But no more throwing water bottles, please, no matter how bad the refs are.) No, the title of this post refers to the all the craziness that will be going on in our lives in the month of March.


Photo by LaNicoya, published under Creative Commons License from FlickrWe begin the month with a trip to Nicaragua. We will be traveling as part of a diverse group from the law school, med school, and divinity school that will be touring facilities and meeting people who provide much needed services to the people of Nicaragua, ranging from micro-enterprise loans to medical care to spiritual support, among many others. We'll be staying in Managua, primarily, but we will also visit Granada, León, and some of the more rural areas of Nicaragua. We really have no idea what to expect from this trip, but we do know that it will be an eye-opening and unforgettable experience. I will post more about the trip when we return.
Photo by jbcurio, used under Creative Commons license from Flickr
After Nicaragua, it's back to Mississippi for my brother's wedding! I am so excited to gain another sister-in-law! I may not have actual sisters, but I have been so blessed to have friends, cousins, and now sisters-in-law that are almost like my real sisters!
And, finally, after that whirlwind, we will return to NC. And a few days later, I will teach my first completely solo library instruction sessions to classes of English students! (My class will be much more enthralling than the one pictured above.) I am both very excited and very nervous about this opportunity. I have found, through different circumstances, that I actually enjoy teaching. (As long as it comes in small doses - no all day standing in front of a classroom for me. I don't know how you all do it!) I always find it funny that even though I was vehemently opposed to being a teacher, I ended up teaching anyway. God has a way of bringing you to where you need to be, even when that's not where you thought you'd end up.
And, of course, amidst all this craziness, we are both applying for jobs, the boy is also applying for the bar, and we are spending time with friends before everyone graduates and scatters this summer. And after that, who knows what will happen?
I'm jealous of your trip to Nicaragua! Sounds amazing!
ReplyDelete1. Damn straight you have friends that are like your sisters!
ReplyDelete2. I am slightly sad that you didn't mention that you will also be seeing ME sometime in March